Keely's adventures

Friday, March 17, 2006

Today was a really nice day at school. I had classes that were fun, I got the English materials sorted and arranged and ready to go for next year, even made some new ones... The best part was after lunch all the kids cleaned and decorated for graduation... I helped decorate the classrooms for the 6th graders... It was fun drawing on the boards and the kids were excited to have English "congratulations" and rainbows... After that we all hung paper chains and flowers all over the rooms. Then the kids left and the female teachers made flower arrangements. It was really fun! I even got to bring a few flowers home... I was really sad to leave that school for the last time this year... I don't know if I will see all of the teachers again. In this area teachers don't choose where they work. The system is mysterious, but some group of people makes decisions about who will have what job. I noticed a lot of changes each year in April, and I missed the chance to say goodbye to some favorite teachers. It is really sad! The worst part is that the teachers themselves don't have any say in it, and they don't know until the last week of school! So as I imagined the possibility that I would not meet some of these teachers again I got really sad and tears came to my eyes. As I got onto my bike one made it to my cheek. I really will miss so many things when I leave Tahara...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home