Keely's adventures

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Long time no post. Time has been flying past, and there is so much to be done! I am really getting into an online course I'm taking. I've been working hard on an evening adult class as well. Most of all I'm putting out lots of applications and feelers etc. trying to line up the perfect plan for next year... The next few months will be a time of so much decision making, test-taking and interviewing, combined with lotsof wrapping and saying goodbye... It will be sad to leave Tahara and especially all my wonderful friends! I will miss the kids especially! I hope to start documenting my day-to-day life a bit more in preparation for leaving. Today seems like a good day to start.
I was at Takamatsu Elementary. One of my favorite schools! At one point the principal came up to me and asked a question. He asked me how many syllables "spring" has in English. The answer blew his mind. He was reading about this concept in a book and thought if he heard a native pronounce it then he could understand. In Japanese each "letter" is a syllable and they don't blend sounds like we do in English, so the Japanese pronunciation would be "su-pu-ri-n-gu"- 5 syllables. Other highlights of the day include playing catch w/ some boys at recess, and playing Simon Says with the second . Lots of fun! Japan is a very interesting place to live!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home