Keely's adventures

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

It's a good week so far. Sunday was relaxing and a good time for reading, reflection and refreshment. I also had a nice dinner/ visit with a friend and neighbor. I made a Japanese home cooking favorite [apparently because I can make "niku jaga" I am ready to get married in rural Japan...]. We had really good talks. She's a great friend! Glad we ended up together in this small town in Japan! Monday was a fun day at school. Kids were great, and classes went really well. Today was another good day there. Lots of smiles and laughs!
Yesterday after school was nice. I went to Sportsbox for my regular Monday swim. I was feeling a bit tired so I did a slow 1 km and then hit the jacuzzi. After my exercise I was craving Italian so I went to the grocery store, and there I met another ALT [English teacher] who lives in town. He gave me a hug [very rare here in Japan!] and we talked and walked as I continued shopping. Turns out he's in a similar situation to me, searching for the best "next step" in life after Tahara... We decided to get together some time soon and talk. I came home and made a yummy dinner... Spaghetti with a meat/ tomato/ spinach/ eggplant sauce [mmm...], and asparagus rolled in bacon and cooked, and french bread with Boursin [the best cheese in the world, do yourself a favor and try it!], and the family favorite salad... As I cooked it crossed my mind how silly I was not to see if my friend had plans already, since I had all this food... So I called him up and we were on the same page. He came over and helped me eat, and we chatted. Nice time! He is a really nice guy and I learned a lot about him. We have some similar interests, it turns out, particularly centering around the developing world... Who knows, he might end up being a co-worker in another time and place. This experience reminded me to make more of an effort to get to know people and spend time together, even if our lives are very separate. The world is full of really nice people!!! Get to know a new one today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home