Keely's adventures

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

For the past week I've been at a great elementary school... one of my favorites! I've played some fun games with kids, had lots of laughs, made lots of funny faces, and counted from 1-10... some insane amount of times... The joys of teaching English in elementary schools!! It really is quite fun! The kids are the best!! :) At lunch yesterday I was talking [and LISTENING] with a really cute little girl [in Japanese]. After about 15 minutes of non-stop conversation she asked me if I could understand Japanese!! I laughed. Then I asked her what language we were speaking... She wasn't sure... maybe... English? :) It's funny how some of the kids can't believe when they look at my face that Japanese could possibly come out of my mouth... :) Another great experience this past week was the class that I spent with the special class [some of my favorites!]. They came to get me, full of smiles and excitement. :) The smallest girl [who everyone loves for her bright personality] was especially happy, and just kept saying "nice to meet you" over and over. We played a human board game and had lots of fun! After school on Monday I joined the tea ceremony club for a cup of green tea and a bean paste sweet. I am really going to miss those when I leave Japan! There will be many things to miss, and among the saddest will be leaving the kids. From other past ALTs' experiences it seems like my last couple of months will be full of goodbyes. I hope to make the most of the time that I have left!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home